Parkinson’s Disease Research, Education and Clinical Centers
(as a remedy for constipation)
Yield: 10 portions
Serving Size: 4 Tablespoons (2 ounces)
- Wheat Bran - ¾ oz
- Applesauce - ½ cup
- Prune Juice - ½ cup
- Cooked/Pitted Prunes - 4 oz
- Topping, whipped/non-dairy- ½ cup
- Puree cooked/canned prunes until they are smooth, with no lumps of fruit left.
- Whip the prepared topping until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold the bran, applesauce and prune juice and pureed prunes into the whipped topping.
- Check for consistency. Pudding should be soft and fluffy.
- Divide pudding into 10 equal portions.
Analysis/Serving: 64 calories; 3 gram fiber; 1.2 gram protein; 181 mg potassium; 0 cholesterol; 6.3 mg sodium; 0.5 gm saturated fat