Clinical Care Committee
· Rotation of Committee Chair: Leadership for the clinical care committee rotates amongst the PADRECCs. Houston leads the committee for July and August. Committee meets the first Tuesday of the month at 12pm ET.
· Standardize Clinical Care: Continues to discuss a variety of clinical issues, provide clinical support to the Consortium network, and work on measures to standardize clinical care across the PADRECC network.
o Azilect is now on the national formulary
o LA new patient note template is being piloted. It will capture the AAN guidelines for nonmotor symptoms
o Discussion are taking place about standardizing pharmacy recommendations/allowances so that all PADRECCs have the same drugs available.
· PD Handbook: A smaller subcommittee will spearhead a project in 2011 to draft a handbook for the VHA (similar to a MS Handbook developed by MSCoE) that addresses such things as definition of PD, purpose, authority and scope, system of care, population served, etc.
· PADRECC Transmitter: PADRECC clinicians provide reviews of recent movement disorder publications that are included in the PADRECC Transmitter
· PADRECC/EES Movement Disorder Series: The FY 2011 series is currently underway. The last audio conference for this series is on September 8th titled: Neuroprotection and Parkinson’s Disease. The audio conference series will be archived on the www.parkinsons.va.gov website under the Movement Disorder Series tab.
· Patient Education Video Project: 8 videos were taped for FY 2011. Once editing is completed they will be available on DVD, the PADRECC website and You Tube. Request was placed with EES for taping of 8 more videos in FY2012.
· PADRECC Transmitter: The committee continues to assemble and distribute this e-newsletter every other month.
· National Website: The committee is assisting in updating the National VA PADRECC/Consortium Website.